Sam Steele Days 50th Annual Celebration Time Capsule
May 7, 2014 | 4:07 pm
50TH ANNUAL CELEBRATION OF SAM STEELE DAYS
TIME CAPSULE CRITERIA
WHY? – To commemorate 50 years of bringing our community together while honouring a man whose actions contributed greatly to the success of our region – Sir Samuel Benfield Steele, NW Mounted Police. We dedicate this Time Capsule and its contents to a future population of Cranbrook so they may share and take pride in our history.
WHO CAN SUBMIT? – Business, organizations & individuals
IS THERE A COST TO CONTRIBUTE? – NO
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Items relative to culture, school life, family life, community, volunteerism, business & economy, recreation, technology
- Sam Steele Days historical value- ie) photos, memorabilia
- Personal perspectives in a letter to a future citizen
- Artistic contributions ie) songs , poetry, paintings, (digital files will be collected on a flash drive) send to [email protected] with “Time Capsule” in the subject line
- Each item should be submitted in a zip-locked plastic bag – air removed –
WHAT SIZE CAN SUBMITTED ITEMS BE?
- Vessel is 1 metre squared
- Keep items small so we can fit as many items as possible
WHAT MATERIALS CAN NOT BE SUBMITTED?
- No perishables (food or liquids)
- No batteries
- No plant, animal or insect specimens
- No rubber
WHEN IS THE LAST DAY FOR CONTRIBUTIONS? – Friday May, 23rd, 2014
WHEN IS THE DEDICATION CEREMONY? – Thursday June 19th, 2014 2:00pm
LOCATION – Cranbrook & District Chamber of Commerce Greens – Everyone WELCOME !
*TIME CAPSULE COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY SUBMITTED ITEM